BERGEN/HUDSON/PASSAIC/ESSEX, NJ -- First pitch of the 2019 Softball Season is Sunday, April 7th! With just 1 day until the registration deadline, we had 46 teams registered to play.
Our Men's League will play on a variety of fields in Bergen/Hudson/Passaic (locations include Garfield, Nutley, Englewood Cliffs, Cliffside Park, Palisades Park, Clifton and others).
Our Coed League has locations in Hoboken, Leonia and Garfield, NJ. We only accept Full Teams for all softball leagues.
*If you are a Free Agent looking to get on a team - please post up your info under the 'Register' tab / Free Agents section of the website.
Here are a few quick league reminders:
1. Team Captains - please make sure you forward the electronic Liability Waiver link to all of your teammates. This is a mandatory requirement - each participant in the league must click onto the waiver form and sign off on it or they will not be able to play
Waiver Link: https://ablsl.sportngin.com/register/form/470075123
2. Team captains will also be able to enter their Team Roster once the schedule has been released. Just click onto your team page in the standings, make sure you are in 'Edit Mode' (upper right part of the page, flip over from User Mode to Edit Mode), and then you'll see a Roster tab. Just click the Roster Tab and Add Players (First Name, Last Name).
3. Once the schedule has been released, all games are Final. If you cannot make a scheduled game, it will be recorded as a Forfeit. ***Important*** Please make sure you notify the league director (Jim Pilla at email@example.com) 48 hours in advance of any forfeit, otherwise you will be responsible for paying a fine of $40 per game ($80 per doubleheader). This fine is due on the Friday prior to your next game.
4. Team captains will be able to post up Player Stats (optional) throughout the season. Just click onto the final score of your game, make sure you are in 'Edit Mode,' and click the 'Edit Stats' button to enter game statistics for each player on your roster. Also, don't forget to download the ABL App - it's free - great tool for schedule access, standings, stats, news and more.
5. Umpire fees are $20 per team, per game.
6. In the event of inclement weather - please call the WEATHER HOTLINE at 201-441-4181 approximately (1) hour before your game-time. If there is no cancellation message, please report to the field and a game-time decision will be made by the Umpire.
7. In the event of an emergency (i.e. no umpire 5 minutes after game-time), please call league director Jim Pilla at 201-978-6042. Throughout the season, your email contact person will be Jim, and he can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. There is No Alcohol and No Smoking on any ballfield or dugout area.
9. All teams must be paid in full prior to opening day.
10. The top 4 teams in each division will qualify for the Playoffs - division champions will receive large team trophy and championship shirts at our annual Awards Party.
GOOD LUCK ON THE SEASON!
Tag(s): Home Softball Men's League Coed League Dave Winfield Division Juan Gonzalez Division Ken Griffey Jr. Division Cal Ripken, Jr. Division Hoboken East Division Leonia Division Chosen Few All State Mayhem Tainos NJ Expos MonstarZ Thomas Allen Vineyards Good Wood Bad Hombres Jet.com Underdogz BigBigWillies Legion of Boom Balls Deep Adrenaline Rush The Hive Bar Master Batters Cliff Dwellers Da Free Agentz McSwiggans Louise & Jerry's Northern Soul Mills Tavern Leonia Lions Bad News Beers Couple of Hunks Waka PD Misfitz Natty Boys West NY PD Muy Buenos Yankdeez PointsBet Parrots Warning Shots Padres Young Bucs Minotaur Swamp Donkeys Warriors 10th & Willow Newell Baby Bombers Newell First Alert Hit Squad Newell Super Slime Hoboken West Division Will Clark Division Angry Leprechauns Slingers North Bergen Dawgs